Donnerstag, 14. Januar 2010

Metal Fatigue on Windows XP

Hello Folks.

First, I'm very sorry for my english. I've learned it by theroy, never by practice :)
Metal Fatigue didn't work on my Windows XP. I own a Lenovo Notebook with integrated "Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family" graphic. It support DirectX and OpenGL. But everytime I started the game I had graphic issues, or it was extremly slow.

What you need:
  • Metal Fatigue (SURPRISE)
  • 3D Analyze
  • Glide Wrapper
  • Windows XP (never tested on other operating systems than Windows XP)
Instructions:
  1. Install 3D Analyze
  2. Install Glide Wrapper
  3. Install Metal Fatigue with burned CDs or Daemon Tools. Take the full installation.
  4. If the Hardware detect of Metal Fatigue starts, take the OpenGL option.
  5. Start Glide Wrapper
  6. Start Hardware Detect of Metal Fatigue again and select "GLIDE: Glide compatible 3D card"
  7. Exit Glide Wrapper
  8. Open the registry of Windows (execute "regedt32")
  9. go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Psygnosis\Metal Fatigue\
  10. you should see "driver:1", "driver:2", "driver:3"
  11. set the value "Driver" to "1" (see Picture)
  12. open 3D Analyzer
  13. select the "MFatigue.exe" in your Metal Fatigue folder.
  14. change the value VendorID to "4318", and the DeviceID to "45" (It's the TNT2 Graphic Card)
  15. Start the game and hope

Keine Kommentare: